Ombre puff quilt

Texte en français en bas de la page

Let's continue the series of quilts I have gifted over the summer ! 

The second quilt was another graduation quilt for my daughter. 

When she graduated from High school I designed with her one of my first quilts 'les cerf volants de Maastricht', a modern HST quilt. As explained in the last post, she is very sorry but does not find it cozy.

As she obtained her Bachelor degree in July, it was time to try and correct this.
I have been looking for the coziest and cuddliest quilt imaginable for this. And that is how I came up with ombre puff, a free quilt pattern and tutorial by Lo and behold stitchery.

Each square is filled with filling. and I also added the same tick plush backing as in my KIRA quilt.
No batting this time, I felt it would be tick enough.

My daughter still loves orange and blues and I bought batiks in these colors. I added pinks and purple. I have to admit that choosing the place of each of these squares was difficult for me.
But I could not be happier with the result. 











What took the longest was to hand tie the quilt. It was not my favorite part. If I make another puff quilt I will have to find a way to use my machine for that!

A side note : I know I am on a slippery slope : my daughter is now starting a Master... do you think it means I will make her a third graduation quilt?

Have a nice day.
Marie
Linked with NTT,  Can I get a whoop whoop?

Je continue la liste des patchorks que j'ai donnés cet été. Le deuxième cadeau était pour ma fille.
Comme expliqué dans le poste précédent j'ai offert 'les cerf volants de Maastricht' à ma fille pour la fin de ses études secondaires. Elle a été désolée de m'apprendre qu'elle ne l'utilisait que pour la déco parce qu'il n'était pas 'confortable'. J'ai donc saisi l'occasion de son diplôme de Bachelor pour réparer cette erreur. 

J'ai donc cherché à faire le patchwork le plus cozy possible et c'est comme cela que je suis tombée sur ombre puff. Un patron et tutoriel gratuit de Lo and behold stitchery.

Chaque carré est une 'poche' remplie de bourrage. J'ai aussi utilisé la même peluche épaisse pour l'arrière que pour mon patchwork KIRA, du post précédent. Pas de molleton cette fois, j'ai pensé qu'il serait assez épais.

Ma fille aime toujours le orange et le bleu. J'ai acheté des batik de ces couleurs, auxquelles j'ai ajouté du rose et de mauve. Je dois dire que le placement des carrés a été difficile pour moi. Mais le résultat dépasse mes espérances!

Ce qui m'a semblé prendre le plus de temps, c'est de nouer à la main. Si je refais un patchwork avec des poches, je trouverai un autre moyen (peut être le point sensé coudre les boutons sur ma machine?)

Note pour plus tard : je suis peut être sur une pente glissante, puisque ma fille a maintenant entamé un Master... Est ce que je dois lui coudre un troisième patchwork pour ce troisième diplôme?

Bonne journée!
Marie 

Comments

  1. That is a beautiful quilt but also so snuggly and soft and absolutely wonderful. You are the best mom and your daughter is so very lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht