One monthly goal - December

Texte en français en bas de la page

My goal for the month of December was to finish two pillows by Christmas. I blogged about the first one here
The second one was finished on time as well, but I did not blog about it yet.

The aim was double : 
1. make two pillows in the same colours as Maastricht Flying Kites as a Christmas present for my daughter and;
2.  try new techniques at small scale

For the first pillows, I did flying geese, which I wanted to try since quite some time. When I quilted it, I was a bit shy with all this negative space. 
There are tons of ideas on the Internet, I quilted shadow geese, an idea I got from a YouTube video from Man sewing
I filled the rest of the negative space with free motion swirls and petals.


 For the second pillow, I tried Y seams. I was afraid I would never be able to have the center of the stars flat. The result is not that bad, but It took quite some time to finish 3 stars...I don't think I am ready for a full quilt featuring these stars at this point (it is on my bucket list, though).
For this one, I went back to known territory for the quilting and filled the negative space with pebbles.




And here is a "family picture"

 I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you the best for 2019

Marie

Link with one-monthly-goal-december


 

Mon but pour le mois de décembre était de finir deux coussins à temps pour Noël. J'ai déjà parlé du premier ici.
J'ai fini le second à temps, mais je n'ai pas encore bloggé à ce sujet.

Mon but était double :
1. Faire deux coussins assortis au Cerfs-volants de Maastricht à offrir à ma fille pour Noël.
2. Essaye de nouvelles techniques sur des petits projets.


Pour le premier coussin, j'ai fait de flying geese, que je voulais essayer depuis longtemps. J'étais un peu impressionnée à l'idée de quilter tout cet espace négatif. Heureusement, on trouve beaucoup d'inspiration sur Internet. Je me suis inspirée d'une vidéo YouTube de Man sewing.

J'ai rempli le reste de l'espace avec des courbes et des pétales.

 

Pour le second coussin, j'ai essayé des coutures en Y. J'ai pensé ne jamais arriver à obtenir des étoiles dont le centre était plat. Le résultat n'est pas si mal, mais ca a demandé pas mal de chipotage.
Je crois que je ne suis pas encore prête pour une couverture faite avec cette technique (c'est pourtant sur la liste des choses que je voudrais faire).

Pour quilter celui là, je suis retournée en territoire connu et j'ai fait des pebbles (mais comment dit on en français?!?)




Et pour finir, une photo "de famille"

J'espère que vous avez passé un merveilleux Noël et vous souhaite beaucoup de bonnes choses pour 2019.


Marie

Comments

  1. The pillows look wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pillows. A great way to try out new techniques and they really look fabulous, the colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht