Finally finished!

texte en français en bas de la page

I finished the quilting of "Bleu de toi". 
More information and the inspiration was shown in my post here

what I liked the most in the design was the fact the heart was not centered. I decided to keep the focus of the quilting on the heart, by making it the center of a spiral.



I quilted the spiral with my walking foot. It was more difficult than I expected, and the quilt is really full of errors. Still, I am proud of my finish and hope the parents will forgive my beginner errors.

The thread is a light blue. The binding in dark blue might be a bit too hard.

For the back, I choose a light blue with red dot.
Not sure why I did not take a picture of the quilted back after binding



I attached the label before quilting. Probably not the "normal" way to do it.


I like it better after washing - I am not sure why. Maybe it is a bit flatter?

One last picture

Marie

PS link to  Needle and Thread Thursday
whoop whoop Friday

J'ai fini le matelassage de "Bleu de toi". Plus d'information et la source d'inspiration dans ce post

Ce que j'aimais le plus dans le design était le fait que le coeur soit décentré. J'ai voulu garder l'attention sur le coeur en en faisant le centre d'une spirale.



J'ai quilté la spirale avec mon pied à double entrainement.  C'était plus difficile que je ne l'avais anticipé et le résultat est plein d'erreurs. Je suis quand même fière de ma réalisation et espère que les nouveaux parents me pardonneront d'être débutante.

Le fil utilisé est bleu clair. La bordure est un bleu foncée qui est peut être un peu dure avec les autres couleurs.

pour l'arrière, j'ai choisi un bleu clair avec des pois rouges
Je ne sais pas pourquoi je n'ai pas de photo de l'arrière avec la bordure.



J'ai attaché l'étiquette avant le quilting. Je ne suis pas sûre que ce soit l'usage.


Je l'aime mieux après lavage, mais je ne sais pas pourquoi. Peut être qu'il est plus plat?

Une dernière photo.

Marie

Comments

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! The heart in the middle is so sweet and adds so much to the design. Perfect quilting for this beauty, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ramona!
      I fell in love with this design when I saw it on studio dragonfly's blog
      http://studiodragonfly.blogspot.com/2018/01/purple-baby-heart-quilt-first-2018.html

      Delete
  2. Très joli, j'aime beaucoup ce quilting circulaire, ça met bien en valeur le coeur. Sympa l'étiquette avec les conseils de lavage ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Frédérique!
      Ca n' a pas été facile de quilter en rond, mais ça en valait la peine!

      Delete
  3. Oh I LOVE the spiral quilting! Perfect quilt design for this. They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen!

      It was not easy to quilt the spiral, and I made tons of mistakes. I have learned a lot in the process and I think it was totally worth the time spent with the seam ripper.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht