Am I stalling?


Texte en Français en bas de la page

Am I scared to finish a project?
My last 3 projects are closed to finish, but it seems that the closer I get, the slower I go.

Maybe it is time for me to add myself in to do lists, monthly goals or UFO busting links?

What do I have pending so far? :
  • Sucre d'orge : a flimsy I have done based on a tutorial from http://www.atelierdemma.com/ (In French) I need to quilt it, but I did not start due to the lack of an appropriated backing fabric. The quality of the picture is very bad.






  • The Octopus : This is a very special quilt for a very special little boy (my nephew, Noé). I pieced it and quilted it for the most part, but stopped short of quilting the borders and binding. I was so happy with my results so far that was scared I would ruin it with the border quilting...
  • Bleu de toi, which I discussed in my last post. It is now fully quilted (with severe flaws I have to say) but I did not bind it yet. I had some time today, but decided to do some clean up around my cutting table instead... and cut some scraps for a new project. This baby is born, so I have no reason to wait further!

  • I also have various projects I want to sew, the most important being a "going to university quilt' for my daughter (evidently, it cannot be a graduation quilt, I would never make it on time).
A lot of things to do... 
I hope I have something better to show you next time!


Marie


Est -ce que j'ai peur de finir mes projets?
Mes 3 derniers projets sont près du but, mais il me semble que plus je me rapproche, plus je ralentis.

Peut être qu'il est temps que je participe aux groupes de listes de choses à faire, de buts mensuels ou de projets à finir?

Quels sont mes projets en cours?
  • Sucre d'orge : Un top d'après un tutoriel de  http://www.atelierdemma.com/ (page des abonnés.) Je dois le quilter, mais je n'ai pas commencé faute d'un tissu approprié pour l'arrière. La seule photo que j'ai est de très mauvaise qualité.






  • La pieuvre : C'est un patchwork très spécial pour un petit garçon très spécial (Mon neveu, Noé). J'ai terminé le piéçage et j'ai presque tout quilté, mais je me suis arrêtée avant de quilter la bordure. Je suis très heureuse du résultat jusque là, mais je n'ai pas vraiment de plan pour la bordure et j'ai peur de tout gâcher...
  • Bleu de toi, dont je parlais dans mon dernier article. Il est maintenant entièrement quilté (avec de gros défauts, il faut bien le dire) mais je n'ai pas encore fait la finition. J'avais prévu du temps pour le faire aujourd'hui, mais j'ai préféré faire un peu de rangement et couper des restes de tissu pour un nouveau projet. Le bébé est né, je n'ai pas de raison d'attendre plus longtemps!
  • J'ai encore divers projets moins concrets. Le plus important étant un patchwork pour le départ de ma fille à l'université (ça ne peut pas être un cadeau pour son diplôme, je n'aurais évidemment pas le temps!)
J'espère que j'aurai quelque chose à vous montrer la fois prochaine!


Marie

Comments

  1. I'm not scared to finish; just enjoy starting more. LOL. Also I get tired of a quilt when the top is finished, so it needs to rest and become new again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire!

      Thank you, I feel less lonely!
      If I have to say the truth, I believe the part I prefer is buying the fabrics and dreaming of what wonderful things I will create with them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht