My meadowland

Texte en français en bas de la page

Last year I have been very interested by all the meadowland quilts I started to see poping up everywhere.

This pattern is really striking and versatile.


So when Meghan at then came June announced a second meadowlang QAL I jumped on it.
It was my first 'real' QAL (I followed the Harry Potter QAL last year, but it was from far away as I was mixing two quilts). 

At first I was a bit afraid by the calendar - 6 weeks to finish the flimsy! I am not that fast usually. But these big blocks assemble so fast it was really easy to follow the schedule. I was even a bit in advance until the last week. In fact I could not get a good picture of the flimsy because the weather was terrible.


The weather was not great for my picture session, but at least it was dry!




Maghan has a price for several kind of picture, including a pet with the quilt. I have no pet, but maybe that horse will do?




I tried various places, but the wind was not cooperating either.



I chose Artisan Shimmer fabric from Northcott. These are wonderfull fabrics. I might have picked some colours which were too similar to the other, but it is really difficult to select fabric online sometimes. Unfortunately, I have no local quilt shop to pick up my fabric.

And now I have a new flimsy in the quilting queue!

Have a nice day.

Marie





L'année dernière, j'ai vu plusieurs Meadowland fleurir sue Internet et j'étais très intéressée. Le patron est superbe et se prête à toute sorte de tissus.

Alors quand Meghan de then came June a annoncé un second meadowlang QAL je n'ai pas hésité.
C'était mon premier vrai quilt along (j'ai suivi Harry Potter QAL l'année dernière mais de très loin puisque je mélangeais 2 patrons).

Au départ j'étais effrayée par l'agenda. Six semaines pour finir le top, je ne suis pas aussi rapide d'habitude!
Cependant il s'agit de très grands blocs qui se construisent très vite. J'étais même un peu en avance sur l'horaire jusqu'à cette semaine. Ce qui m'a ralenti, c'est l'impossibilité de faire des photos correctes à cause de la pluie.

Finalement, le temps n'était pas terrible pour ma séance photos, mais au moins c'était sec!





Maghan a un prix pour la meilleur photo avec un animal domestique... je n'en ai pas mais peut être que ce cheval peut convenir?




J'ai essayé plusieurs endroits mais le vent n'était pas de mon coté.




J'ai choisi des tissus Artisan Shimmer de Northcott. Ils sont vraiment très beaux. Certaines couleurs sont trop proches les unes des autres, mais ce n'est pas toujours facile de choisir sur internet - Il n'y a pas boutique de patchwork où je pourrais choisir mes tissus en personne...

Et me voilà avec un nouveau top sur la pile 'à quilter'!

Bonne journée!

Marie



Comments

  1. I really like the way some of your blocks have high contrast and some are low contrast. It gives the quilt different secondary patterns.l I love your photos with the horse statue. I think it would be wonderful if every horse had a quilt for a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love those fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great quilt, and I love your quilt holder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht