WIP - Geese Quilt

Texte en français en bas de la page

It is a long time I did not blog. But it is also a long time I did not finish any quilt.

Last year, I had several "must do" quilts and I decided not to start one before finishing the previous one. However, when came the end of one quilt, I was sick of it.

This year, with only one "must do", I decided to start several projects so I could jump from one to the other and hopefully enjoy the process until the end. Not sure the strategy is better. I started so many projects!

I decided to blog about (some of) these projects and not wait for a finished top.

The first one is a Geese quilt.
I have been fascinated by geese since quite some time, but what decided me to start one was this picture of my "organisation and design bed" (I sew in a guest room) when working on the wave quilt.



Without any plan, I started making geese from the same fabric.

When I had a certain number, I started (what I should have done from the beginning) trying various arrangements. 












At this point the sheer amount of possibilities has me paralysed. 
I know I need additional blocks, but what can I do
- Continue with the yellow and blue colour scheme?
- make some "reverse blocks" where the white would be the gees and a yellow or blue background?
- Add some colours?
- Add different sizes?
- Or a different form of triangle
...

As long as I don't have a better idea of where I am going, I belive this one will remain in its project box.

Enjoy your day.

Marie

Link with : clever chameleon
from bolt to beauty
whoop whoop Friday
from bolt to beauty
my quilt infatuation


Cela fait longtemps que je n'ai plus blogué, mais cela fait aussi très longtemps que je n'ai plus rien fini.

L'année dernière, j'avais plusieurs patchwork que je "devais" finir et j'avais décidé de ne pas commencer un nouveau projet avant d'avoir fini le précédent. Seulement, quand j'arrivais à la fin du patchwork, je ne pouvais plus le voir en peinture.

Cette année, avec un seul patchwork promis, j'ai décidé que je pouvais démarrer plusieurs projets, pour pouvoir passer de l'un à l'autre et espérer m'en lasser moins vite. Pas sûre que cette stratégie soit meilleure. J'ai démarré tant de nouveaux projets!

J'ai décidé de bloguer à propos de certains de ces projets sans attendre qu'un top soit fini.

Le premier de ces projet utilise le bloc "flying geese"
Je suis fascinée par les patchwork composés de ce bloc depuis un bout de temps. Mais ce qui m'a décidé est cette photo. C'est une photo que j'ai prise du lit qui me sert à organiser mon travail et placer les blocs (je cous dans une chambre d'amis), quand je travaillais sure "la vague".



Sans autre plan, j'ai commencé à faire des "flying geese" avec les mêmes tissus.

Quand j'en ai eu un certain nombre, j'ai commencé (ce que j'aurais dû faire avant tout) à essayer les différentes possibilités.











A ce moment, le simple poids des possibilités m'a paralysé.
Je sais que je vais avoir besoin de plus de blocs, mais que faire?
- continuer dans les couleurs actuelles?
- inverser certains blocs pour faire l'"oie" blanche et le fond jaune ou bleu?
- ajouter d'autre couleurs?
- ajouter d'autres tailles de blocs?
- d'autres formes de triangles?
...

Tant que je n'ai pas une meilleure idée d'où je vais, ce patchwork restera dans sa boite...

Bonne journée.

Marie

Comments

  1. This isn't going to help you narrow it down much but you really can't go wrong with any of the layouts above. They are all lovely. I like the third from the top the most as it keeps my eye travelling across the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never thought about the many ways geese could be arranged. Love the colors! Whatever you decide to do, it’s going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie. I really like the negative space (empty space) in your second layout and your last layout. You might want to fill in with white background blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tres jolie! All of your layouts are great. Good luck making up your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the problem with geese as well as HSTs :) My tip would be to not overthink it - I know it is hilarious that is is my advice because I am also often guilty of it. Just pick one are two that are your favorites. And then have some more fun! xo Melanie
    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you decided to blog some progress. Finished quilts are nice, but it's even better to share the journey. I personally like the layouts with lots of movement in (2,3 and 5). Thanks for linking to Colour & Inspiration Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht