Waves - a 2019 finish

Texte en français en bas de la page

 Quite a long time since my last blog post. I am not sure why. I did not stop quilting, just blogging.

Finally, I decided to share with you my latest finish, which is already a few weeks old.

"Waves" was not really planned. It started with a tutorial for the snail trail block that I found by chance and wanted to try. The tutorial calls for 6 fabrics, to make 3 blocks. I found 3 yellow and 3 blues and I started.
I was so happy with the result that I started searching for additional yellows and blues to reach 12 blocks.

No borders, no sashing.


 For the back, I wanted to try fleece, to make it heavier. It was easier than I expected.


I quilted clamshell allover, with my Westalee ruler. I have seen a post from Kathleen McMusing, where she was doing the same. Well, My quilt was already finished when I saw hers!

I am very happy with the result, which now lives on my couch.



A few more pictures...




Marie


 
Il s'est passé pas mal de temps depuis mon dernier article, je ne sais pas pourquoi. Je n'ai pas arrêté de quilter, juste de blogger.

Finalement, j'ai décidé de partager ma dernière réalisation qui a déjà quelques semaines.

"Les vagues" n'a pas été vraiment planifié tout est parti d'un tutoriel pour le bloc "snail trail" que j'avais trouvé par hasard ici. Le tutoriel demande 6 tissus, en deux couleurs, pour parvenir à 3 blocs uniques. J'ai commencé avec 3 jaunes et 3 bleus. j'aimais tant le résultat, que j'ai continué à chercher des jaunes et des bleus jusqu'à atteindre 12 blocs. Pas de bordure.



Pour l'arrière, je voulais essayer le polaire, pour le rendre le tout plus épais. Ca a été plus facile que je ne pensais.


Je l'ai quilté entièrement avec ma règle Westalee "clamshell". Plus tard, j'ai vu un post de Kathleen McMusing où elle faisait la même chose.

Je suis très satisfaite du résultat, qui vit à présent sur mon canapé.



Encore quelques photos...




Marie


Comments

  1. Gorgeous project, love the colours and your interpretation of the snail trail block. Thanks for sharing at Clever Chameleon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've never made a snails trail block. The complementary colors here give the design a little zip. And the darker blue-gray curls are perfectly placed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snails block and your quilt is a great version. The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht