Another WIP

Texte en français en bas de la page

I started blogging about (some of) my WIP a few weeks ago.

Here is the most important and the most advanced one. Actually, it is  now a full top.  It has no name yet, I just call it "my mom's quilt" or "the ocean quilt"
It is semi secret sewing, so I will not show you a full picture here.

In January, my mom had a big - 0 birthday.
On that day I discussed with her patterns and fabric and we agreed on a quilt. As from that moment I said I would not show "in progress" picture so it remains a surprise.

For the pattern, she chose a disappearing HST, for which the tutorial can be found at Julie's quilts and costumes.
I had just bought three fat quarter from the line "Ahoy me hearties" by Janet Clare for Moda at a quilt shop in her town and she liked it so much that we chose that line. 

I ordered from that shop a fat quarter from every fabric in the line and added a layer cake from "Weather permitting", also by Janet Clare, to end up with 120 blocks.
My biggest quilt do far and the prospect of quilting it on my domestic machine is a bit daunting.
I intend on finishing this one for Christmas.






The quilting was just pushed back again today when I realised that the back I have pieced is not large enough because of a mistake in basic mathematics (sigh).

Have a nice day.

Marie


Linking with 
Monday Making
my quilt infatuation
clever chameleon


Il y a quelques semaines, j'ai commencé à blogger au sujet de certains de mes travaux en cours.

Voici le plus important el le plus avancé d'entre eux. c'est maintenant un top complet. Il n'a pas encore de nom, je l'appelle juste "le patchwork de ma maman" où "le patchwork Océan". C'est un demi secret donc je ne vais pas montrer de photo plus explicite.

En Janvier, ma maman a soufflé un multiple de 10 bougies. Ce jour là, J'ai discuté de patrons et de tissus avec elle et nous sommes mises d'accord. A partir de ce moment, je n'ai plus montré de photos en cours de travail, pour qu'il reste une surprise.

Pour le patron, elle a choisi un "disappearing HST", pour lequel un tutoriel Julie's quilts and costumes.
j'avais juste acheté 3 fat quarter de la ligne "Ahoy me hearties" de Janet Clare pour Moda près de chez elle et elle les aimait tellement qu'elle a choisi ces tissus. J'ai commandé au magasin un fat quarter de chaque tissu de la ligne et j'y ai ajouté un layer cake de "Weather permitting", de Janet Clare aussi, pour parvenir à 120 blocs.

Mon plus grand patchwork jusqu'à présent, et le quilting sur ma petite machine me fait un peu peur. J'ai pourtant bien l'intention de le finir pour Noel.






Le quilting a de nouveau été repoussé tout à l'heure quand j'ai réalisé que le dos que j'ai piécé n'est pas assez large. Une stupide erreur de mathématiques de base (soupir).

Bonne journée

Marie

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you liked my tutorial. I had lots of fun making the disappearing HST blocks. Your sneak peek looks great--can't wait to see the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors and patterns. I hope all has gone well with your plan to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht