one monthly goal

texte en français en bas de la page




I am just  back from a 3 weeks trip and the first thing I did was to pick up my sewing machine that was also on vacation at the shop for a good cleaning. We are both ready to start new sewing adventures!

Unlike what I hoped, I did not finish the octopus patchwork before leaving.
I have finished the quilting, but did not square nor bind it.

my goal for the month of august will be to finish this quilt.

On another hand, I am now very late for the quilt I want to give to my daughter when she leaves for university... I have the pattern and the fabric, but I have not started it yet. My second goal for August will be to sew half the blocs on this quilt 

Until now, I have regularly underestimated the time required for my sewing. In addition, the weather is so hot that I am not sure how much sewing time I can endure (my sewing room is under the roof, and of course I have no a/c!)

let's hope i can make it.

Marie

 Link with one monthly goal

Je reviens d'un voyage de 3 semaines et la première chose que j'aie faite a été de chercher ma machine à coudre qui était aussi en vacances au magasin pour une bonne révision. Nous sommes toutes le deux prêtes pour de nouvelles aventures

  
Contrairement à ce que j'espérais, je n'ai pas fini la  la pieuvre avant de partir. Je l'ai quiltée mais il me reste à la terminer. Ce sera mon but pour le mois d'août.


D'un autre côté, je suis maintenant très en retard pour le patchwork que je veux donner à ma fille pour sa chambre à l'université... J'ai le pattern et les tissus, mais je n'ai pas encore commencé. Mon second but du mois d'août sera de finir la moitié des blocs de ce patchwork

Jusque à présent, j'ai régulièrement sous estimé le temps qu'il me fallait pour coudre. En plus, le temps est si chaud que je ne sais pas si je pourrai coudre beaucoup ( ma pièce à couture est sous le toit, sans air conditionné).

Espérons que j'y arrive!

Marie


 
 

Comments

  1. Great goal! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A quilt for a 5 years old boy

Octopus, finally finished!

Finished! Les Cerf volants de Maastricht